Saturday, March 6, 2010

Don Ervin - HS Bowling Team Coach

Seymour Herald - 25 February 2010
---------------------------
  Don Ervin, coach of the Fort Dodge High School Girls and Boys Bowling Teams, is pictured center back.  Ervin grew up on a farm just west of Jerome, attended the Jerome School and graduated from Seymour Community High School.  His teams qualified for the 2010 Iowa State Bowling Tournament.
--------------------------
Letter to the Editor
  I sent one of these pictures to Mr. Stamps thanking him for all that he did in my life to make this possible. My brother, Jim, and I have talked at length on our trip to Seymour, how very blessed we were to have grown up on a farm east of Seymour and attended Seymour school. I know and I'm sure I speak for Jim that had not it been for people like Mr. Stamps, Mr. Berge and Miss Banning life would have been different.
  Jim made the comment, had he been in a school like Valley or Roosevelt, he would have been another face in the crowd instead of playing varsity basketball.
Your friend, Don Ervin

No comments:

Post a Comment